主题

听众

积分

中级会员

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-6-9 13:41:07 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
Rick Steves: How to find a good hotel in Europe
A major expense of any European vacation is the cost of accommodations. No matter where you go--whether a bustling city like Madrid or a mid-sized destination like Sevilla--the neighborhood and hotel you choose help shape your experience. But you don't have to spend a fortune to find a nice, comfortable place to rest your head every night.

While many travelers opt for modern chains or big, business-class hotels, I find that these tend to build a wall between you and the people and culture you traveled so far to experience. Spending less usually gives you a richer experience. I often hear about people coming back from their vacations with bruised and battered pocketbooks, complaining about their $450-a-night room in London. True, you can spend that much, but I never have. That's three days' accommodations for me.

The most important factor in selecting a hotel--assuming it's in my price range--is location. I prefer small-scale hotels in a cozy neighborhood. For example, in Paris, the area around my favorite market street, Rue Cler, is a pedestrian-friendly bit of village Paris and a 10-minute walk from the Eiffel Tower. For me, this is part of the fun of travel: enjoying a warm and friendly hotel in a charming, walkable area.

回复

使用道具 举报

Archiver|手机版|郑州大学上海校友会      回顶部